2.25.2009

And on the first day......

........She blogged. So here I am at 27, finally giving into the peer pressure and getting sucked into the world of blogging. Why am I doing this? Easy. Because everyone else is. My mom would be so proud.
I figured that most of the people who would find their way into my little domain would be people I already know. You know, friends. But in the case of attracting an audience of strangers (I mean that in the nicest way possible), here’s what you need to know:
Like I said I’m 27. I’ve officially graduated into the late twenties category. I live in Central Connecticut with my fiancé, who I was lucky enough to find after a lot dating mistakes and wasted time along the way. A LOT. Luckily the mistakes go away so you can actually find someone worth your while. And no, there is no date set yet. Weddings are mucho expensive and we just bought ourselves a condo that our two cats let us live in. At this point, we are already owned by the bank. I work in the environmental field, which excited my parents because I’m actually putting the two college degrees they paid for to good use and earning a decent paycheck doing it. I spend my days as a modern day Captain Planet, which does wonders to satisfy both my inner nerd as well as my inner child. It’s been nice being a grown-up in a grown-up world, since I don’t need my parents to help me out financially in order to survive like I did in college. Love that!

I am a travel junkie. Near, far, or wherever, I just always feel the need to go out and experience the world around me. Luckily the love of my life has the same urge and in just over 2 1/2 years together we've been to Las Vegas (3 times), California, Michigan, Florida, Canada, Mexico, Arizona, and every state from Maryland to Maine. I just love the idea of going someplace totally new and different and experiencing what it has to offer.

I've always been active, and I Love me some sports. All sports. I played soccer and basketball growing up, rugby in college, and kickball, kayaking, hiking, and rock climbing now as stress relievers. Nothing beats a crazy work out at the gym after a crappy day at the office, and it'll also help me get into my ideal wedding shape. Other than that I like nothing more than watching the Red Sox or Celtics with the fiancé at our favorite sports bar. Don't bother to ask me about mainstream tv.....I have no interest in it other than watching Sex and the City on DVD.

My Vices - the fiancé, Coach bags, Tiffany silver, dark chocolate, and a good dry red wine.......like my best friend's aunt says, "White wine is for amateurs."

No comments:

Post a Comment